AUSTRALIAN KOKODA TOURS
About Australian Kokoda Tours
Australian Kokoda Tours is a family owned business, having run treks over Kokoda sine 2006.
Australian Kokoda Tours, only treks Kokoda therefore all our attention and energy are focussed on your trek. We take pride in our treks and our record, both on and off the track and only stay in the quality, safe 5 star Airways hotel with 24 hour security facilities.
We have run treks for VFL & AFL clubs, AFL umpires, sporting clubs, schools and instil teamwork and leadership into the group, assisting you to form a bond amongst your fellow trekkers. We introduce some fun and entertainment along your journey, which creates a relaxed environment.
We guarantee after finishing your journey with Australian Kokoda Tours you will feel a fabulous sense of self achievement and the Kokoda track will have changed your life.
Our Point of Difference:
- All Australian guides are Remote Wilderness First Aid Accredited
- Luxury Accommodation at the exclusive ***** 5 star Airways Hotel
- All meals are incorporated, including meals at the hotel (excluding Ex Port Moresby Package)
- All site fees are incorporated in your trek
- We provide backpacks for you to use on the track which you will be responsible for returning to us after you finish your trek
- Cleaning of all backpacks and boots upon completion
- We carry a fully equipped automated external defibrillator
- Satellite phone for emergencies & to contact Australia contact each day
- We provide daily website and Facebook updates
- We provide a comprehensive 8-week training program specific for Kokoda
- We provide walking poles to use on the track which you will return to us after you finish Kokoda
- We provide 100% biodegradable body wash
- We provide a wilderness first aid kit
- We have payment plans and options to assist you with payment of your trip
- We have a 99% success rate for all our participants
- You receive extensive historical information about the Kokoda campaign
- You receive a comprehensive Kokoda pack including a nutritious snack pack for your journey
- No trekker will be required to provide or carry any utensils, food, tents (apart from snack-pack issued prior to the trek)
- No trekker will be required cook any food or clean any utensils
- You will receive 8 days’ electrolyte replacement capsules
- We provide water purification steripens (one between 2 trekkers)
- You will receive an official track t-shirt for your trek
- You will receive a certificate of achievement
- You will receive a copy of the official track permit
- You will receive a fully edited professional video of your Kokoda experience
- Safety is our priority, therefore Australian Kokoda Tours only run Australian Guided Treks
- 2-way radio communication throughout trek leaders on the track
- VHF back to AKT & Kokoda track Authority base in Port Moresby
Kokoda Tour Operators Association
We are a proud founding member of the Kokoda Tour Operators Association (KTOA) an association set up by 12 Licensed Tour Operators representing over 75% of the market in 2015.
Collectively we are the voice of the industry ensuring that those that trek with a member of the group are safe and are given professional service and a great experience.
Unless your tour operator is a member of the KTOA, you are risking yourself on the Track. To be members we must have full Public Liability Insurance, all Guides must be first aid qualified and all safety equipment such as Satellite Phones must be carried and operational.
Safety is Australian Kokoda Tours number one priority!
We have been leading trekkers across Kokoda since 2006, a responsibility which we take extremely seriously. We have a team of highly professional & experienced guides and they are all skilled in the wartime history, knowledgeable and passionate about the history of the Kokoda Campaign. They have detailed knowledge of the tactics used by both the Japanese and the Australian forces and they also know the personal stories of many who fought and died along the Track. They are all, Remote Wilderness First Aid Accredited, have a detailed understanding of the procedures for conducting emergency evacuations and a strong bond with the New Guinea people along the trail. We are a company that only runs treks across Kokoda therefore 100% of our time and effort is dedicated to your Kokoda trek.
General & Public Liability Insurance
Australian Kokoda Tours maintains public liability insurance with Australian Licensed, APRA approved insurer. You are most welcome to ask for details or a copy of our insurance certificate. We also carry a fully equipped Automated External Defibrillator.
Get to know your trek leaders.
Find out what to expect while your on the Kokoda trail.
What does it take to trek Kokoda? Find out here.
The Kokoda Campaign
Learn more about our Australian heroes on our detailed Kokoda campaign page.
Hear about the amazing stories our trekkers have experieced while trekking the Kokoda trail.
Get a birds eye view from the Kokoda track. From helicopter flyovers to the morning war cry, see it all here.